[Insight-users] How to download ITK source code

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun May 15 11:48:14 EDT 2011

Hi Sakthi,

It is great to hear that you are interested in developing
new ITK classes.

Please find here there instructions on how to download
ITK source code:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git>

In essence:

            git clone git://itk.org/ITK.git

Note that this is the development version of ITK.

If you are interested in the stable release (ITK 3.20),
you can download it by doing :

git checkout --track -b release origin/release
git submodule update

or you could use the Download page:

http://www.itk.org/ITK/resources/software.html