[Insight-users] Run-time error in itkQuadEdgeMeshBorderTransform.txx

Bernard Chiu bcychiu at alumni.uwo.ca
Mon May 16 06:40:44 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to use the code documented in an insight journal paper
"Parameterization of Discrete Surfaces" to do some surface flattening.
When I tested the code using the sample data "mushroom.vtk", a
run-time error occurred at QuadEdgeMeshBorderTransform< TInputMesh,
TOutputMesh >::ArcLengthSquareTransform( ) when the variable "list"
was being deleted. The error message was "Access violation reading
location xxx." From previous experience, I suspect this is a case
where something in the stack was incorrectly modified. I don't know
the code well enough to be able to fix the problem though. Would
anybody be able to help? I compiled both itk and the code provided by
the insight journal paper using MS visual C++ .NET 2003. The QuadEdge
mesh parameterization code I am using are all in the Code/Review
folder of itk 3.20. Therefore I think I am using the latest code.

Thank you,
Bernard