[Insight-users] Configure ITK for 64-bit Linux

Sara Rolfe smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Wed May 18 18:15:43 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to configure ITK to run on a 64-bit Linux machine.  When I
try to compile a sample program, I get the following error:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libuuid.so', needed by
`SubsampleVolume'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/SubsampleVolume.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I found on the wiki that this error occurs when the UUID library is
missing.  I've installed this library, but am getting the same error.
I checked the location of the library installation and it's in /usr/
lib64, not /usr/lib as the error message says.  I'm guessing that ITK
or cmake is not properly configured for a 64-bit system.  My guess
would be that I'm missing a flag in ccmake, or that I need to add a
find_package statement to my CmakeLists.txt.

I would appreciate any suggestions or input.

Thanks,
Sara