[Insight-users] Configure ITK for 64-bit Linux

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat May 21 14:02:29 EDT 2011

Hi Sara,

It may be that you are not compiling for 64 bits.

Please do the following:

1) Put in a file "sizeof.cxx" the following code

#include <iostream>
int main()
{
std::cout << sizeof(char *) << std::endl;
return 0;
}

then do:

2)    g++ sizeof.cxx

3)    ./a.out

If the output number is

a)      4,   then you are building for 32bits

b)      8,   then you are building for 64bits

Let us know what you find.

Please also send the output that you get from

                         uname -a

          Luis