[Insight-users] Fwd: install ITK.lib in visual studio 2010 ultimate

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri May 20 08:37:28 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 20, 2011 at 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Insight-users] install ITK.lib in visual studio 2010 ultimate
To: john smith <mkitkinsightuser at gmail.com>

> I am new in using vs 2010.I use a library named (ITK), it is a toolkit for
> medical image processing. To configure ITK, I used Cmake, and then Cmake
> generated the .sln file. I opened the .sln file with vs2010 and build the
> solution. After building the solution, I took all ITK libraries (.lib) in a
> binary file. But when I have tried to open a new project of vs2010 and
> include the ITK's libraries, then the vs couldn't find the libraries of ITK.
> What sould I do to include ITK's header files? How could I use ITK libraries
> without using Cmake? I am using windows7 (64 bit) and vs2010 prof ultimate.

It is a lot simpler to use CMake to generate your application project
and it will take care of the header files and include files for you.
In windows remember that there are no default paths for libraries or
headers so most likely at the configure stage you will have to tell
cmake-gui where you built itk. Also a word of caution. Never use the
INSTALL target in windows if you plan on debugging. I mean it will
install either debug or release but you can not safely use debug libs
in your release build or vise versa.

John

--
John M. Drescher