[Insight-users] Interfacing itk+vtk with visual studio

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri May 20 08:56:37 EDT 2011

> And after this, where did you copy the extraction files in  Visual Studio?

I copied it to a location I build my libraries in. In this case for 64
bit Visual Studio 2008 it was

X:\64bit\VC.80\Libraries\Qt-4.7.3

However you can put these wherever you normally build your sources. I
organize it this way because I use more than 1 visual studio
compiler and I also use 32 and 64 bit. Remember that libraries from
one version of Visual Studio will generally be incompatible with
any other version of visual studio.

> And after the copying process, I must just type: configure
> -debug-and-release -platform win32-msvc2008 -no-webkit
> -opensource -fast?

You need to run that from a "Visual Studio command prompt" for your compiler.

After opening the visual studio command prompt you need to change
directory into the root folder that contains your Qt. For me that was

X:\64bit\VC.80\Libraries\Qt-4.7.3

John