[Insight-users] How to fill the hole in itk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat May 21 13:30:12 EDT 2011

Hi Quan,

The itkVotingBinaryHoleFillingImageFilter performs a single iteration,
so, if the holes are large, and they are of irregular shape, you may want
to use instead the filter: VotingBinaryIterativeHoleFillingImageFilter

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VotingBinaryIterativeHoleFillingImageFilter.html

That essentially runs the VotingBinaryHoleFillingImageFilter over
and over (up to the number of iterations that you set).

This filter also allows you to implicitly select the curvature of the
holes to be filled, by picking the value of "majority".

If you want to fill large holes, set the majority to a small value,
and use a large number of iterations.