[Insight-users] About GVF METHODS

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat May 21 15:50:55 EDT 2011

Hi Christian,

1) You could use seed points to initialize a level set,
     by using the FastMarching image filter.

     Please see the examples in the ITK Software Guide

               http://ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

2) You may find these previous posting interesting:

http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/Re-Segmenation-Error-after-set-advection-image-by-GVF-flow-td2437245.html

http://old.nabble.com/units-of-SetNoiseLevel-in-itkGradientVectorFlowImageFilter-td21957034.html

3) I presume that what you have in mind is  to generate
    an Advection field with the GradientVectorFlow filter
    and then use that advection field in a LevelSet filter,
    such as the GeodesicaActiveContour one.