[Insight-users] Medial curve extraction (itk::MedialCurveImageFilter)

Pedro Névoa pedronevoa at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:26:51 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to reduce a femur to a simple line, in order to achieve an image
of the femur's medial axis. I tried to use the MedialCurve method to
accomplish this but no results were obtained.

The pixel type of the input image is signed short. I realize that the input
pixel type accepted by Medial Curve is float so I changed the pixel type of
my image to float using ImageReadCastWrite but it kept on not giving any
results - the algorithm is processed endlessly.

Does anyone know what may be the problem?

Grateful for your attention,

--
Pedro Névoa