[Insight-users] cannot find itkImageFileReader.h in itkApplications

ankit master ankit.master at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:26:16 EST 2011

Hello,

I am relatively new to ITK so please bear with my dumb question. I
successfully installed ITK, VTK and ITKApplications, I am trying to build a
simple example where I am reading in an image and trying to display it,

so I included the following libs to my program

#include "itkImage.h"
#include "iktImageFileReader.h"
#include "itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h"

when I try to build my program I get the following error message

1>..\myProject\myProject.cxx(3) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: 'iktImageFileReader.h': No such file or directory

I tried to look up online and somewhere it was mentioned that
itkImageFileReader must be present in ITKApplications/Auxillary/vtk./
folder ( which i should copy from this folder into the folder where I have
my application code) , when I look into that folder I do not find the file
I am looking for (itkImageFileReader and itkImageFileWriter ) .

Could anyone please help me with finding the files "itkImageFileReader.h"
and "itkImageFileWriter.h"

itkApplication 3.20
itk 3.20.1

Thank you in advance.

Ankit

Following is my CmakeList.txt file

# This is the root ITK CMakeLists file.
CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4)
IF(COMMAND CMAKE_POLICY)
  CMAKE_POLICY(SET CMP0003 NEW)
ENDIF(COMMAND CMAKE_POLICY)

# This project is designed to be built outside the Insight source tree.
PROJECT(myProject)

# Find ITK.
FIND_PACKAGE(ITK REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})

#FIND VTK.
FIND_PACKAGE(VTK REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${VTK_USE_FILE})

ADD_EXECUTABLE(myProject myProject.cxx )

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(myProject ITKCommon ITKIO ITKBasicFilters
                      vtkRendering vtkGraphics vtkHybrid vtkImaging vtkIO vt