[Insight-users] 1D convolution in each row of an image in the x-direction.

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Tue Nov 15 15:58:20 EST 2011

Hi Antonio,

Have you looked at ConvolutionImageFilter? If you want to do 1D
convolution in each row, you can simply define an n-by-1 pixel
convolution kernel where n is the size of your convolution kernel
along the x dimension. This will be equivalent to doing 1D
convolutions within each image row.

Hope that helps,
Cory

2011/11/15 Antonio Gómez Barquero <agb1 at alu.upct.es>:

> Hi all,
>

> I would like to calculate 1D convolution in each row of an image in the
> x-direction.
>

> For that I am trying to use the Example shown in
> “LaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter1.cxx”
> (http://www.na-mic.org/svn/Slicer3-lib-mirrors/trunk/Insight/Examples/Filtering/LaplacianRecursiveGaussianImageFilter1.cxx)
>

> It produces an exception when I try to ‘update’ the last filter, it is an
> “stack overflow” and it goes to “itkObject.cxx”…I don’t know what I am doing
> wrong because I just copy the code in the example…
>

> Another thing and more important is that I have found a lot of information
> about convolution but nothing specific for doing this 1D convolution in each
> row of an image in the x-direction. ¿ is there another better example to
> have a look? A better class to use?
>

> Thanks all!
>

> Antonio Gómez Barquero
>

> Ingeniero de Telecomunicaciones -Becario Investigador asociado a Actividades
> de I+D+I
>
> GTTS ( Grupo de Tratamiento y Teoría de la Señal)[ http://gtts.upct.es/]
>
> UPCT (Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena)[ http://www.upct.es/]

Cory Quammen