[Insight-users] Build ITK with ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM option

Malsoaz James jmalsoaz at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 30 17:15:10 EST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to build ITK 3.20.1 with MinGW. Unfortunately I can't set the ITK_USE_GDCM_SYSTEM option to ON. I got an error during the CMake configuration regarding vtkMetaIO

1- Do you know how I can solve the problem ? I guess it is because my GDCM(v2.0.18) is built with the GDCM_USE_VTK option. Should I use another GDCM with this option set to off ?

2- Thus, I have tryed with a GDCM and GDCM_USE_VTK set to off (which is not my initial goal - I would prefer to solve question1). The CMake configuration and generation works but the build fails. The errors concerns gdcmMSFF.lib. I paste the errors here : http://pastebin.com/sfrLNHZ7. A lot of undefined reference with gdcm, ...
Have you any idea ?

Best

James.