[Insight-users] how to merge commits to release branch?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Apr 4 10:57:05 EDT 2012

On 4/4/2012 10:21 AM, Xiaoxiao Liu wrote:
> Currently the gerrit alias we were using for ITK (gerrit-push and gerrit-merge) only keep track of
> the master branch.
>
> How about merging to release branch?

Gerrit doesn't actually compute the merges so it does not
need to know anything special for release.  You don't need
to do refs/for/release/..., just gerrit-push is fine.  The
main difference is where you start the branch.

Just follow the instructions here:

   http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop#Create_a_Topic
   "If you are fixing a bug in the latest release then
    substitute origin/release for origin/master."

That will make sure the change starts on a version old
enough to go to release.  Then add a note in the review
page that asks for it to go to release.  Add Matt M.
as a reviewer so he can handle it.

-Brad