[Insight-users] itk 4.1 VS2008 python 2.6 x64

Matthias Seise mseise at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:44:54 EDT 2012

Hi Martin,

I managed somehow to build them for python 2.7 x64 with VS2008 Express.

I also tried it for ages and don't remember exactly how I solved it. Now
I'm using SimpleITK since I didn't manage to build the
numpy-connector(PYBuffer) for ITK.

But maybe I have some pointers:

1. USE the simpleITK-superbuild process to get the correct versions of
gccxml & swig

2. build ITK from simpleITK/ITK-build, turn on "WrapITK" (or similar)
and use the "external SWIG" and "external gccxml" option and point them
to the SimpleITK dirtectories

3. I think the major problem was gccxml - you have to pass the argument
-D"_HAS_TR1=0" to gccxml (see
http://www.gccxml.org/pipermail/gccxml/2009-January/001253.html). For
that you have to find the CMakeList.txt where the gccxml arguments are
given.

I think that were the major points.

Good luck!
Matthias