[Insight-users] Extract centerlines from a 3D segmented binary image

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 18:00:29 EDT 2012

Hi SuperZZ,

You need to use a distance map (e.g.
SignedMaurerDistanceMapImageFilter) as the speed function. Basically
you want an image which has the highest values near the centerline,
and lower values as you move further from the centerlines. (As I said,
this method is a little tricky due to the need for a good speed
function, but the result is a continuous directed path.) Perhaps you
could post your dataset?

HTH

Cheers, Dan