[Insight-users] Extract centerlines from a 3D segmented binary image

Hui Tang tanghui.seu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 07:30:42 EDT 2012

Hi all, maybe it is much easier to just use VMTK, there are several papers
describing that tool, including TMI, and it has a very theoretical
definition of centerline from segmented surface. it is easy to use, you do
not need to give any speed functions, you only need to give two seed points
(or they can be  automatically taken as cap centers).  Just download,
compile, then similar to ITK, VTK, write a wrapper, if you do not want to
write a wrapper, there are already quite a lot of python wrappers, just
grap one,play with it.
Anyway I would strongly recommend VMTK.