[Insight-users] Problem with Memory considerations of Laplacian of Gaussian

karthik uppuluri karthik.uppuluri at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:43:29 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have montages of sizes* 4GB to 16 GB* to work on.Whenever I declare a 4GB
montage as a  float image and apply* Laplacian of Gaussian at different
scales*, it would end up consuming 50GB of my RAM space for each scale.(I
used ITK smart pointers so the maximum consumption is 50GB). I think the
laplacian of gaussian is atleast making 4 copies of my montage since it is
float a 4GB image will end up consuming 16GB for each copy of it.*I want to
find local maxima points in my montage.I want to know if there is a better
way to do that, considering the cost of using memory.

*Thanks and regards*
Karthik Uppuluri
*