[Insight-users] ITK 4.1.0 Build problems with JOM

Rupert Brooks rupert.brooks at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:22:07 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use itk 4.1.0 using Visual Studio 2005, in 32 bit.  The
IDE is very unstable (read, unusuable) due to the number of projects
that are created, a problem thats been noted here before.  To work
around this, i started using JOM, which is a multithreaded NMake
clone.  It seems to build faster anyway.

ITK4.1.0 builds fine with JOM, however, I cant link any projects
against it.  They fail to find some libraries, because the name of the
library set by the FindITK Cmake process is incorrect.

This seems to be because the ITKTargets.cmake has errors.
Specifically, when building with JOM, there are no entries in the
ITKTargets.cmake corresponding to some, but not all of the ITK
Libraries.  These entries are necessary because they tag the -4.1
extension on the name of the library. So with JOM, some get put in,
and some dont.

I find it particularly strange how all the libraries get passed
through correctly for Visual Studio, but only some do for JOM.  If
they all failed to pass through it would be easier to understand.

I am having trouble parsing the maze of CMake commands that actually
ends up setting this filename to determine what is the difference
between the modules that work and those that dont.  I dont mind
debugging more if somebody could give me a pointer where to look.

The list of ITK Libraries follows.  As you can see - some but not all
get put into the ITKTargets.cmake.  Those that dont end up with just
the lib name.

Cheers,
Rupert

E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\itksys-4.1.lib
E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\itkvnl_algo-4.1.lib
E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\itkvnl-4.1.lib
E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\itkv3p_netlib-4.1.lib
E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\ITKCommon-4.1.lib
E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\itkNetlibSlatec-4.1.lib
E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\ITKStatistics-4.1.lib
ITKIOImageBase.lib
ITKIOBMP.lib
ITKIOBioRad.lib
ITKEXPAT.lib
itkopenjpeg.lib
itkzlib.lib
gdcmDICT.lib
gdcmMSFF.lib
ITKIOGDCM.lib
ITKIOGIPL.lib
itkjpeg.lib
ITKIOJPEG.lib
itktiff.lib
ITKIOTIFF.lib
ITKIOLSM.lib
ITKMetaIO.lib
ITKIOMeta.lib
ITKznz.lib
ITKniftiio.lib
ITKIONIFTI.lib
ITKNrrdIO.lib
ITKIONRRD.lib
itkpng.lib
ITKIOPNG.lib
ITKIOStimulate.lib
ITKIOVTK.lib
ITKMesh.lib
ITKSpatialObjects.lib
ITKPath.lib
ITKLabelMap.lib
ITKQuadEdgeMesh.lib
ITKOptimizers.lib
ITKPolynomials.lib
ITKBiasCorrection.lib
ITKBioCell.lib
ITKFFT.lib
ITKDICOMParser.lib
ITKIOXML.lib
ITKIOSpatialObjects.lib
ITKFEM.lib
ITKIOIPL.lib
ITKIOGE.lib
ITKIOSiemens.lib
ITKKLMRegionGrowing.lib
ITKVTK.lib
ITKWatersheds.lib
ITKDeprecated.lib
ITKgiftiio.lib
ITKIOMesh.lib
itkhdf5_cpp.lib
itkhdf5.lib
ITKIOCSV.lib
ITKIOHDF5.lib
ITKIOTransformBase.lib
ITKIOTransformHDF5.lib
ITKIOTransformInsightLegacy.lib
ITKIOTransformMatlab.lib
ITKOptimizersv4.lib
ITKReview.lib
ITKVideoCore.lib
ITKVideoIO.lib
ITKVideoBridgeOpenCV.lib
ws2_32.lib
E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\ITKVNLInstantiation-4.1.lib
E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\itkv3p_lsqr-4.1.lib
E:\ext\ITK-4.1.0-R\lib\itkvcl-4.1.lib

Rupert Brooks
rupert.brooks at gmail.com