[Insight-users] Problems compiling

Jonathan Morra jonmorra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:59:43 EDT 2012

I'm trying to compile ITK with GDCM and VTK.  I have pulled everything from
source recently, and am getting the following build errors.

1>------ Build started: Project: itkTestDriver, Configuration: Debug Win32
------
1>Performing Pre-Link Event...
1>Linking...
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'gdcmMSFF.lib'
1>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\MVS\ITK\bin\x86\Modules\Core\TestKernel\src\itkTestDriver.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>itkTestDriver - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: ITKHeaderTests, Configuration: Debug Win32
------
2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
3>------ Skipped Build: Project: PACKAGE, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
4>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 203 up-to-date, 3 skipped

I'm running Windows 7, Visual Studios 2008.  This happens in both Debug and
Release, 32 and 64 bit.  I have previously built GDCM and VTK with no
problems.  I have checked the ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GDCM option and
Module_ITKVtkglue and set both the VTK and GDCM paths the their respective
build directories.

Any idea why I'm getting these build errors and how to solve them?