[Insight-users] ScalarChanandVeseDenseLevelSetImagefilter error

Elhassan Abdou hassan.abdou at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 21:59:11 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am using itkScalarChanandVeseDenseLevelSetImagefilter to segment out bone from CT.
I read CT series successfully. I created sphere and I apply on itkSignedMaurerDistanceMap.

The problem is I am receiving this exception when I run the program. I do not understand it nor find anything explaining it

Exception caught !
itk::ExceptionObject (0x13c419bd0)
Location: "itk::ImageConstIterator<TImage>::ImageConstIterator(const TImage*, const typename TImage::RegionType&) [with TImage = itk::Image<float, 3u>]"
File: /usr/local/include/ITK-4.1/itkImageConstIterator.h
Line: 177
Dimension: 3
Index: [929, 890, -1868]
Size: [158, 150, 160]
is outside of buffered region ImageRegion (0x13c418788)
Dimension: 3
Index: [0, 0, 0]
Size: [512, 512, 279]

Can anyone explain me what is the problem

What is mean by index?

Best

El-Hassan Mohamed
Biomedical engineering