[Insight-users] multiresolution rgb images

Matthias Noll matthias.noll at igd.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 8 03:27:41 EDT 2012

Dear list,

I am currently working on RGB value images. I therefore use the
itk::RGBPixel<uchar> data type to create my itk::images.

For image analysis I now would like to create images of different
resolution using the itk::RecursiveMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter.
This is not possible due to the concept checking of the output image
type in the base class itk::MultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter. If I
deactivate the concept checking there are allot of other problems that
arise using itk::RGBPixel.

For example:
line 101: in itk::RecursiveMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter
resampleShrinker->SetDefaultPixelValue( 0 );

is convenient but should be (right??)

resampleShrinker->SetDefaultPixelValue( itk::NumericTraits<
OutputImageType::PixelType >::Zero );

But there are also problems in NeighborhoodInnerProduct with not defined
* operator and so on.

My question now:
Is there another filter that would allow me to generate correct
multiresolution images using itk::RGBPixel or any similar data type.

Best regards,
Matthias