[Insight-users] Color Deconvolution in ITK for H&E stained images

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Tue Dec 11 09:52:35 EST 2012

On 12/10/2012 08:51 PM, Humayun Irshad wrote:

> Dear Insight Users,
>
> I am searching a filer in ITK for color deconvolution.

Snip

> I am working on
> stain separation for histological images, and I was wondering if there
> are by any chance already implemented routines for color deconvolution?
> Can you help me regarding it.

I've only used confocal images where the stains were already separated
into their own channels.

A quick google gives me an ImageJ class that cites :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11531144

The PDF isn't publicly available as far as I can tell. Ohio University
does not have it. Other Ohio libraries do. I've submitted an
inter-library loan request.

You might be able to get it from your library system, or just use it as
a "jumping off point" to find other references.