[Insight-users] GPU demons registration memory limitations

Peymon Gazi peymon.gazi at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 15:27:30 EST 2012

Hi itkUsers,
I have been trying to apply the example provided in the itk package for Demon's registration method in GPU on my 2 datasets of CT images, each one having a size of 0.5 GB.
My 2 images, fixed and moving, are 512x512x512 matrix CT image (float). When I try to run a simple test, like itkGPUDemonsRegistrationFilterTest.cxx, I keep getting CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error. I have a GTX 690 on my system, and I'm guessing the error refers to a GPU memory allocation problem.
does anyone have any idea how to tackle this problem?
Thanks,

Peymon