[Insight-users] How to separate real CT volume from scout

Li, Wen WLi at childrensnational.org
Mon Dec 17 16:01:25 EST 2012

Hi itk users,

I use itk ImageSeriesReader to read dicom images, the set up is pretty simple.
But I find out that the reader only takes in the scout image of CT, not the real volume.
And it shows only 1 file in the dicom directory.

Below is my code. Can anyone help me to set up the reader to read in the real volume?

I am sure the directory has both the scout and volume images.

  //read the input series
  ImageIOType::Pointer gdcmIO = ImageIOType::New();
  InputNamesGeneratorType::Pointer inputNames = InputNamesGeneratorType::New();
  inputNames->SetInputDirectory(argv[1]);

  const ReaderType::FileNamesContainer & filenames =
       inputNames->GetInputFileNames();

  //print out file names
  unsigned int numberOfFilenames =  filenames.size();
  std::cout<<"there are "<<numberOfFilenames<<" files in the dir."<<std::endl;
  reader->SetImageIO(gdcmIO);
  reader->SetFileNames(filenames);
  reader->Update();

Thank you in advance.