[Insight-users] Got an error "Optimizer stop condition = LBFGSBOptimizer: Failure" when ran DeformableRegistration8 in ITK v4

黄成 huangcheng1987928 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 02:45:30 EST 2012

Hi all,

        When I ran DeformableRegistration8 in ITK v4, I got output message
like this:
27   -1.29292   0.000100976
27   -1.29292   9.59703e-005
28   -1.2929   9.59703e-005
28   -1.29294   9.59703e-005
28   -1.29294   8.27527e-005
29   -1.29299   8.27527e-005
29   -1.29299   0.000116397
30   -1.29307   0.000116397
30   -1.29307   0.000114295
31   -1.29316   0.000114295
31   -1.29316   8.32347e-005
32   -1.29324   8.32347e-005
32   -1.29324   6.42706e-005
33   -1.2934   6.42706e-005
33   -1.2934   9.90289e-005
34   -1.29341   9.90289e-005
34   -1.29341   8.07118e-005
35   -1.29346   8.07118e-005
35   -1.29346   6.85149e-005
36   -1.29346   6.85149e-005
36   -1.29346   6.85149e-005
36   -1.29346   6.85149e-005
36   -1.29346   6.85149e-005
*Optimizer stop condition = LBFGSBOptimizer: Failure*
          Probe Tag    Starts    Stops             Time (s)
        Registration           1            1           1119.09
          Probe Tag    Starts    Stops           Memory (kB)
        Registration           1            1            419332

The application stops and throws an error "*LBFGSBOptimizer: Failure*". In
the source code of DeformableRegistration8, I set the parameters of
optimizer such as "convergence factor" as this:
  optimizer->SetCostFunctionConvergenceFactor( 1.e7 );
  optimizer->SetProjectedGradientTolerance( 1e-6 );
  optimizer->SetMaximumNumberOfIterations( 200 );
  optimizer->SetMaximumNumberOfEvaluations( 200 );
  optimizer->SetMaximumNumberOfCorrections( 5 );

Except the code above, I didn't change any code else. I have no idea what
happened. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

By the way, there is some information about my PC in case this would be
inportant:
Processors: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5630 2.53GHz 2.53GHz (2 processors)
RAM         : 48 GB
OS           :  Windows Server 2008 R2
--
黄成
Chester Huang

Mobile:   13392858763
E-mail:   cheng.huang at siat.ac.cn

Address:Human-Computer Interaction Center ,No.1068,Xueyuan Road,Xili
University Town,Nanshan District,Shenzhen City,518055
深圳市南山區西麗鎮深圳大學城學苑大道1068號人机交互中心(518055)