[Insight-users] Texture feature extraction

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:18:16 EST 2012

After finding out how GLCM is used to extract features, I have created a
new wiki example<http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/Statistics/TextureFeatures>.
However, the execution speed has really disappointed me.

The example is single-threaded, but even so 90 seconds for a small image
(64x64x12) is too much. I wanted to use texture features along some other
features for segmentation purposes, but really slow execution of this
texture extraction technique has me reconsidering the usage of texture
features.

If anyone has an idea how to significantly reduce execution time (in
addition to the obvious parallelization), please let me know.

Regards,
Dženan