[Insight-users] Reading DICOM private tags

Sohan Ranjan sohan.ranjan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 06:18:56 EST 2012

Does someone have an example code for reading DICOM private tags using
ITK-4.0 (GDCM)? I have DICOM files from which all the DICOM tags, including
private tags, are read by utility program such as the gdcmdump which comes
along with GDCM. However the example code of ITK, DicomImageReadPrintTags
does only print the general tags, and I do not know how to make it print
the private tags? The default for the IOobject is PrivateTagsOn(), still I
tried putting it explicitly, but that didn’t help either. Also, I am using
ITK4.0, and it has issues including system GDCM. The CMake does find the
GDCM built folder, but at link time, it fails to find libraries.

Sohan