[Insight-users] Please help on building ITK 4.0 source on Visual Studio 2010 x64

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:07:51 EST 2012

Hi Di,

This is strange. I can build ITK 4.0.0 with VS10 x64 without issue.

Unfortunately there is no build server for VS10 x64 (only VS9 x64):
    http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight&date=2012-01-01

Can you provide some more details? Here are the details I used:

System type: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.6GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
CMake 2.8.6
ITK 4.0.0: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/itk/itk/4.0/InsightToolkit-4.0.0.zip
Visual Studio 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
CMAKE_GENERATOR:INTERNAL=Visual Studio 10 Win64
BUILD_DOCUMENTATION:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_EXAMPLES:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_STATIC_EXECS:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_TESTING:BOOL=OFF
Solution Configuration: Release
Solution Configuration: x64

With these details I can compile ITK and a small test program (which
reads PNG and writes NRRD file).

Regards,

Dan Mueller