[Insight-users] Application of BSplineDeformableTransform

Tim Bhatnagar tim.bhatnagar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:47:37 EST 2012

Hello all,

I am intending on using a b-spline deformable registration to register two
images of tissue; the first image is as the tissue appears normally, and
the second image is when the tissue is deformed as per some specific
gross-parameters (ie I know what I am doing to the tissue in an overall
sense, but the registration is being used to quantify the internal
deformation field of the tissue). Before I get too deep into testing
multiple algorithm components in ITK, I was hoping you may be able to tell
me if a b-spline deformable transform would even be capable of
accomplishing the task I'm designing.

I know I'm asking a lot already, so perhaps if you'd like to see a sample
of the images that I am trying to align; I've attached a two single slices
of multi-slice data sets (which I am trying to register), and have given
the slices that are most 'unlike' each other.. as I move further away from
this slice in the data set, the images line-up much more nicely, but this
is the point of interest for my work. (the tissue of interest is the
oval-like structure centered in the sample pics)

Could you let me know your first thoughts? I'm happy to provide more info
if you need it.  I'll appreciate any suggestions/criticisms you may have!

Thanks,

Tim Bhatnagar