[Insight-users] DeformableRegaitration11, 16 and 17

志昕 區 charles_ao at yahoo.com.hk
Tue Jan 17 00:15:40 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I am a freshman to ITK and want to use it for some non-rigid 3D registration.

I have read from the instruction in the example programmes that DeformableRegistration11 16 &17 can be used for multi-resolution registration.

I have changed the 16 & 17 to 3D according to Luis's instruction in the internet.

But my problem is that, when my input images have different resolution, let say one is 64X64X64 and the other one is 128X128X64, the results are unacceptable. (But DeformableRegistraion15 seems ok about that)

Moreover, if the image resolution is the same, it works great. So, are these three programmes only workable on same resolution on the two 3D images? and the "multi-resolution" only means that they work on a multi-resolution level from coarse to high resolution?

Lastly, if I really want to use two different resolution image for 3D non-rigid registration, the only example I can try is DeformableRegistration15??

Thanks all of you in advance.

Regards,
Edwin