[Insight-users] Trouble building ITK

Bayliss, Chris (Chicago) cbayliss at gnresound.com
Fri Jan 20 15:57:24 EST 2012

Hello Users,

I am not a software developer and am new to ITK.  I have tried to build
several versions of ITK with different results, but I cannot get most of
the examples to build successfully.

For some reason, when I try to build ITK 4.0.0 it freezes in Visual
Studio 10 express and never gets past line 3.

When I tried ITK 3.20.1, I was able to build the itk.sln file without
errors.  Initially, I had trouble with the HelloWorld example:  fatal
error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'itkImage.h': No such file or
directory.  I was able to re-configure ITK with new CMAKE_DIR or ITK_DIR
variables and get the Helloworld example to work, however, when I tried
to build the Data Representation/Mesh example, I got a similar error:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'itkImageFileReader.h': No
such file or directory.

I am not sure what the issue is with ITK 4.0.0, but it appears that my
ITK 3.2 build is having trouble with the linker to ITK.  Am I setting
the CMAKE commands incorrectly?  When I configure ITK I noticed this
flag: CMAKE_LINKER-NOTFOUND.

Where should the following entries/flags point?

CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX = C:/Program Files/ITK C:/Program Files/Cmake 2.8?

ITK_DIR = C:\Program Files\ITK\Insight_bin?

I am using the following components:

64 bit machine with windows XP 32 bit.

CMAKE version:  2.8.7

ITK 4.0.0

ITK 3.20.1

Microsoft Visual Studio 10 Express

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this issue.

Thank you

Chris Bayliss

**** GN GROUP NOTICE - AUTOMATICALLY INSERTED ****
The information in this e-mail (including attachments, if any) is considered confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail, delete this e-mail, and do not disclose its contents to anyone. Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily the GN group. Thank you.