[Insight-users] Problems building ITK 4 (eclipse & mingw)

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Mon Jan 23 08:24:01 EST 2012

Hello

I had the exact same problem

The problem is that there are two float.h in your system and they are being
found on the wrong order.
gcc float.h has the standard definitions while mingw float.h has also the
win32 required extensions.

Also, mingw's float.h has an * # include_next <float.h>* that tells your
compiler to look forward for an additional float.h. However, gcc's float.h
does not include such directive.  So if your compiler finds gcc's float.h
first, you will be lacking the definitions of some symbols.

Just search for gcc's float.h (mine was in
<MINGW_DIR>\lib\gcc\mingw32\<GCC_VERSION>\include\float.h)
and add an #include_next<float.h>

This should resolve your compilation issues.

Regards

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM, janeyw <janeywit at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build ITK4 with eclipse and mingw on a Win7 machine (32
> bit).
> I have cmake, eclipse and mingw are all latest versions downloaded within
> the last couple of days.
> The eclipse build is failing with errors as shown in this image:
> http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz65/janeyw/build.png
> http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7216078/build.png
> Google is not helping me, does anybody have any suggestions?
> Many thanks.
>

> --

Sergio Vera

 Alma IT Systems