[Insight-users] SimpleITK: Dynamic library path with Superbuild

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jan 27 11:28:44 EST 2012

Hello David,

That is good that you were able to figure out the cause of all the failures.

The fact that you have shared ITK libraries is very odd. The SimpleITK build always set ITK to build static libraries, so that all the wrapped languages have only a single shared library to deal, and avoid such complications are you have had. Please verify that you are in fact using the SuperBuild, an you have not manually changed the configuration of ITK. If you are not using the super build or have customized the ITK configuration, I think the burden is on the user to correctly configure these customizations.

hope that help,
Brad

On Jan 27, 2012, at 11:02 AM, David Welch wrote:

> I have recently built SimpleITK on Mac OSX Lion and found that all the tests failed!  On further investigation, it seems that SITK doesn't add the ITK library path to my DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH during the build process.  I couldn't find and documentation on the wiki about this behavior and I don't remember having to do this for my last build (but that doesn't mean I didn't!)
>
> Is this desired behavior (and the step is just missing from the wiki) or is this a bug?
>
> Dave
>
> ----
> David Welch
> david.m.welch at gmail.com