[Insight-users] OpenCVVideoIOTest fails on specific machines?

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Tue Jan 31 18:00:20 EST 2012

Hi ,

I was debugging itkOpenCVVideoIOTest on my ubuntu (It passed on one
dashboard machine
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=133557684&build=1964586,
but failed on my ubuntu machine. )

I have tested with latest OpencCV version 2.3.2. One thing suspicious is
that the cvSetCaptureProperty seems to be behaving differently
in different machines.

In itkOpenCVVideoIO.cxx,
300       cvSetCaptureProperty(localCapture, CV_CAP_PROP_POS_FRAMES, 1);
301       tempImage = cvQueryFrame(localCapture);
302       this->m_IFrameInterval = cvGetCaptureProperty(localCapture,
CV_CAP_PROP_POS_FRAMES);

I got different values for m_IFrameInterval here: 30 (instead of 19).

It seems to be caused by the unstable function of cvSetCapureProperty?
http://opencv-users.1802565.n2.nabble.com/cvSetCaptureProperty-not-working-td5708612.html2<http://opencv-users.1802565.n2.nabble.com/cvSetCaptureProperty-not-working-td5708612.html>

Let me know if you have seen this before or have a way to work around it.
At the same time, I am going to post this question to opencv mailing list
for help.

Thanks.

-Xiaoxiao

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124