[Insight-users] Problem With ITKImageIO

吴鹏飞 wpfnihao at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 07:57:01 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I am new to itk and tried to write my first program using itk and vtk to
show an image, but I encountered a strange problem. It seems that my itk
can’t infer from the file extension which ImageIO to use. If I commented
the phrase

reader->SetImageIO(itk::JPEGImageIO::New());

out, the error

       “Could not create IO object for file E:\1340858885.jpg

    Tried to create one of the following:

    You probably failed to set a file suffix, or

    set the suffix to an unsupported type.”

occurred, but the program worked properly with the phrase mentioned above.
See my source code attached at the end of this mail.

       Is there someone can tell me why this happened?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Wu, Pengfei

Code:

  _____

int main(int argc, char* argv[])

{

    typedef itk::RGBPixel<unsigned short>  PixelType;

    const unsigned int                     Dimension = 2;

    typedef itk::Image<PixelType, Dimension>  ImageType;

    typedef itk::ImageFileReader<ImageType>       ReaderType;

    const char *filename = "E:\\1340858885.jpg";

    //reader->SetImageIO(itk::JPEGImageIO::New());

    reader->SetFileName(filename);

    ImageType::Pointer image = reader->GetOutput();

    typedef itk::ImageToVTKImageFilter<ImageType> FilterType;

    FilterType::Pointer connecter = FilterType::New();

    connecter->SetInput(image);

    vtkImageViewer *viewer = vtkImageViewer::New();

    vtkRenderWindowInteractor *renderWindowInteractor =
vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();

    viewer->SetupInteractor(renderWindowInteractor);

    viewer->SetInput(connecter->GetOutput());

    viewer->Render();

    viewer->SetColorWindow(255);

    viewer->SetColorLevel(128);

    renderWindowInteractor->Start();