[Insight-users] ITK v4 & Python - WrapITK

Ahmed Halaweish, Ph.D. ahmed.halaweish at duke.edu
Thu Jul 19 10:27:54 EDT 2012

I have finally managed to get ITKv4 w/WrapITK compiled on my Mac OSX (Lion 10.7.4, python 2.7). Now when I try to run the DicomSliceRead.py example, I keep getting the following error: "ImportError: No module named InsightToolkit". I have set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to the ITK build directory and I still get the same errors.

During compiling process, These are the variables I set:
BUILD TESTING: OFF
BUILD EXAMPLES: OFF
ITK USE REVIEW: ON
ITK WRAPPING: ON
ITK WRAP PYTHON: ON
ITK WRAP JAVA: ON

I also tested the helloworld.cxx program and it worked fine, so it must be something with the python wrapping variables. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ahmed F. Halaweish