[Insight-users] ITK v4 & Python - WrapITK

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jul 19 11:23:19 EDT 2012

Hello,

What version of ITK are you using?

What is the complete error message you are getting??

Did you set your PYTHONPATH too?

The current version of the example does not do an "import InsightToolkit", I believe that the example has been updated to use WrapITK from using a quite old wrapping system recently. This is the current file:

github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Examples/IO/DicomSliceRead.py

Brad

On Jul 19, 2012, at 10:27 AM, Ahmed Halaweish, Ph.D. wrote:

> I have finally managed to get ITKv4 w/WrapITK compiled on my Mac OSX (Lion 10.7.4, python 2.7). Now when I try to run the DicomSliceRead.py example, I keep getting the following error: "ImportError: No module named InsightToolkit". I have set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to the ITK build directory and I still get the same errors.
>
> During compiling process, These are the variables I set:
> BUILD TESTING: OFF
> BUILD EXAMPLES: OFF
> ITK USE REVIEW: ON
> ITK WRAPPING: ON
> ITK WRAP PYTHON: ON
> ITK WRAP JAVA: ON
>
> I also tested the helloworld.cxx program and it worked fine, so it must be something with the python wrapping variables. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ahmed F. Halaweish

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for