[Insight-users] Please help with ITK 4.2 on Windows Vista: Build Errors.

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jul 26 08:42:59 EDT 2012

Hello Constantine,

We have several nightly build for Visual Studio 9 2008, with a few different configurations. For example here is one I run each night:

http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=2468166

And this is it's configuration:

http://open.cdash.org/viewNotes.php?buildid=2468166

Are you running with SP1?

What configuration options did you choose? Are you building 64-bits? Did you enable 64-bit IDS?

Brad

On Jul 26, 2012, at 7:55 AM, Constantine Zakkaroff wrote:

> Hello ALL.
>
> I've been trying to build ITK 4.2 on Win Vista with VS2008.
>
> Then there were a couple errors, repeated a few times:
>
> error C2665: 'itk::NumericTraits<T>::ZeroValue' : none of the 2
> overloads could convert all the argument types
> c:\workspace\insighttoolkit-4.2.0\modules\core\imagefunction\include\itkVectorMeanImageFunction.hxx
> 90
> error C2665: 'itk::NumericTraits<T>::GetLength' : none of the 2
> overloads could convert all the argument types
> c:\workspace\insighttoolkit-4.2.0\modules\core\imagefunction\include\itkVectorMeanImageFunction.hxx
> 99
>
> and
>
> error C2668: 'fabs' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
> c:\workspace\insighttoolkit-4.2.0\modules\filtering\distancemap\include\itkIsoContourDistanceImageFilter.hxx
> 383
> error C2668: 'fabs' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
> c:\workspace\insighttoolkit-4.2.0\modules\filtering\distancemap\include\itkIsoContourDistanceImageFilter.hxx
> 387
> error C2668: 'fabs' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
>
> I looked at the code and those weren't hard to fix. I corrected those
> and they don't come up any more.
>
> However itktiff project build fails because the file <ITK-4.2.0 Build
> Path>\Modules\ThirdParty\TIFF\src\itktiff\tif_config.h doesn't get
> generated correctly; type sizes don't get defined and remain blank.
>
> For example:
>
> 297: #define SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_INT
> 300: #define SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG
>
> How do I go about fixing this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Constantine

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for