[Insight-users] Please help with ITK 4.2 on Windows Vista: Build Errors.

Constantine Zakkaroff mnkz at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 07:58:01 EDT 2012

Hi Brad,

I've had a closer look at CMakeCache.txt for the ITK-4.2.0 build and it
turned out there were a couple blank cache values, which I can't explain:

//CHECK_TYPE_SIZE: int unknown
SIZEOF_INT:INTERNAL=
//CHECK_TYPE_SIZE: long unknown
SIZEOF_LONG:INTERNAL=

I decided to run CMake from scratch and this time (with the same
settings as before) those cache values in CMakeCache.txt appear to have
correct values:

//CHECK_TYPE_SIZE: sizeof(int)
SIZEOF_INT:INTERNAL=4
//CHECK_TYPE_SIZE: sizeof(long)
SIZEOF_LONG:INTERNAL=4

So in this case the file  <ITK-4.2.0 Build
Path>\Modules\ThirdParty\TIFF\src\itktiff\tif_config.h dig generate
correctly. Very strange, but maybe the first time there were some errors
during configuration I didn't spot. I've actually noticed a number of
times a bit of "indeterministic" behaviour during configuration and
especially build process on Windows (XP, Vista), when some tasks which
are run by VS as *.bat files fail occasionally, but when re-run they
complete just fine.

Regarding the other build errors I reported earlier, I'm recompiling
everything with patch suggested by Matt McCormick:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/5300/

I'll report what transpires then.

Many thanks,
Constantine