[Insight-users] Non-planar slicing

Kent Ogden ogdenk at upstate.edu
Fri Jun 8 18:17:55 EDT 2012

Just for reference, in medical imaging we refer to this as a curved
plane reformat (CPR, just for confusion with cardiopulmonary
resuscitation).   Somi's suggestion may get you your results, I'm not
expert enough in ITK to help you there.

Kent

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 8, 2012, at 5:25 PM, "somi <seesomi at gmail.com>"
<seesomi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I think one way to compute what you want is to :
>
> a) Create a surface of the non-planar�manifold that you desire ( I
assume its parametric to that should be easy to do)
> b) Voxelize the surface it into an image
> c) Use the image created in step (b) as a mask and perform an AND
operation with your image

> The voxeliztion process might be slow if you create a finely spaced
volume.

> Thanks,
> Somi
> http://500px.com/seesomi
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 11:08:43 -0700 (PDT)
> From: sgfallows <sgfallows at ieee.org>
> Subject: [Insight-users] Non-planar slicing
> To:�insight-users at itk.org
>
> I need to extract a 2D image from a 3D data set by what I would call
> non-planar slicing. Imagine a sheet of paper curled into a parabola or
> half-ellipse, in the middle of a 3D volume. I want to extract the
points on
> the sheet of paper into a flat 2D image. (If there is a
better/standard term

context:�http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/Non-planar-slicing-tp7580206.html