[Insight-users] Non-planar slicing

somi seesomi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 10:54:05 EDT 2012

Goggling  curved plane reformat give links to some VTK implementations.

Also, I realized that if the surface is parametric we can directly compute
the mapping between Cartesian - parametric space,
and sample the image at grid points in parametric space, which should be a
lot faster and efficient than voxelizing and masking.

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/curve-plane-reformat-with-a-vtkThinPlateSplineTransform-td3361647.html
http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/4.0/html/classvtkProbeFilter.html
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/How-to-do-Curved-MPR-Using-VTKProbeFilter-td5482396.html

http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/CurvedReformation