[Insight-users] trouble setting ITK_DIR : cannot find itkImage.h

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 12:58:45 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Pratik Talole <pratiktalole at gmail.com>wrote:

> David,
>
> The existing non-ITK project, i.e. the one I am trying to link my ITK
> project to, is quite big. Does that mean I have redo it all over again?
> Isnt
> there a simpler way to borrow ITK functionality into an existing non-ITK
> project without redoing it completely?

Nope :). Others may comment here, but as far as I think most people are
concerned, ITK does not support it's use via non-cmake techniques.

> I thought building my ITK project
> into a lib, and then static linking this lib to my existing non-ITK project
> would do the job. Is that not so?

No, as you've seen your include path is not setup correctly. I suppose
you'd have to add *every* path in the ITK source tree to your include path:

src/ITK/Modules/Core/Common
src/ITK/Modules/Core/ImageAdpators
src/ITK/Modules/Filtering/*
src/ITK/Modules/IO/*

this would be an enormous list, and I don't know if it would even work.

David