[Insight-users] SurfaceExtraction.cxx broken

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:37:45 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Luke Hetrick <lhetrick at nnu.edu> wrote:

> Hey,
>
>    My ITK/Examples/Filtering/SurfaceExtraction.cxx gives me a segmentation
> fault when ever I run it. After reading the section that describes this
> program on page 291 of the software guide pdf (page 260 of he text), I know
> I should have a 3D image. I am generate this 3D image by using the
> ImageSeriesReadWrite.cxx (with a few modifications so it can accept my 2D
> *.png images). But when I try to read the 3D .png image I created into
> SurfaceExtraction.cxx, it just dies. I do not throw exceptions or anything
> else, just a segmentation fault. At least the exceptions tell me something
> useful when I hit an error but this give me nothing to work with.

I would try to make a compilable example that doesn't require any external
data but still causes the crash. I.e. generate an image programatically so
someone on the mailing list can copy+paste+compile+run your code. This will
allow them to a) see if it also crashes for them and b) eliminate
the uncertainty about what is going on with the input images to see if the
problem is being caused by your data (which would still need an
explanation) or if there is something wrong with the code itself.

David