[Insight-users] suggestions for a Medical Image Analysis textbook?

Audette, Michel A. maudette at odu.edu
Tue Mar 6 14:09:08 EST 2012

Dear ITK users and developers,

I am putting together a course for the Fall 2012 term, patterned after John Galeotti's successful class at CMU (i.e.: lots of ITK as part of the course material...) and I would like to sollicit your suggestions for a textbook. Unlike John's, which relies on the book Machine Vision by Snyder and Qi, I would really like to use a textbook that emphasizes medical image analysis per se, rather than adapts a (2D) image analysis and computer vision text.

I would prefer that the book have a section on the physics of medical imaging modalities, as well as covers surface models, such as Level Sets and the Simplex model. Another requirement: I would prefer not to use Adam Dhawan's textbook, since I co-teach an undergrad class that uses this textbook and I want to distance the graduate course from the undergrad course.

Thanks for kind support.

Best wishes,

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Department of Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Engineering,
Old Dominion University,
Norfolk, VA.