[Insight-users] Can a metric be negative in ITK?

Christopher Kappe cpkappe at gmx.de
Tue Mar 6 14:23:54 EST 2012

Thanks for the hint with the multi resolution registration - I'll consider
this.
And just to clearify this: I did some "deeper" research and found it
explicitely stated somewhere that Mattes Mutial Information Metric has a
negative outcome in ITK. And it is 0 (zero) for two totally different images.
So as already assumed one wants a high (negative) number for matching images.