[Insight-users] adding MINC 1/2 to ITKv4

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Mar 7 17:58:54 EST 2012

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 17:35:42 -0500, Vladimir S. FONOV said:

>I noticed that ITKv4 removed MINC2 file format support completely - it
>used to be under Review.
>
>Could it be possible to add it in a future versions? We currently have
>implemented MINC 1/2 reader in the main MINC 2 repository (
>https://github.com/andrewjanke/minc ).
>
>So, it will be relatively straight-forward to integrate it with ITK.
>Is anybody interested in this?

I'm interested in seeing that functionality.  Hopefully you are volunteering to do it? :)

(As you may recall, when work started on ITK 4, I brought up the issue of MINC integration on the MINC-development list on May 13, 2011.  My impression was that you and Leila were "on it"... I don't think there is anyone else in the ITK community too interested, otherwise it would have happened... I can help with testing, but don't have time for much more I'm afraid.)

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com