[Insight-users] adding MINC 1/2 to ITKv4

Steven Mocking smocking at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 7 18:06:10 EST 2012

Have been interfacing ITK with MINC 1 images rather awkwardly for quite
a while, but the integration is far from optimal so am definitely in
favor of good MINC 1/2 support in ITKv4. Would be interested in testing
it, but  having recently inherited a large overdue project I, like Sean,
don't really have much time to help code it in the next couple of months.

On 03/07/12 17:58, Sean McBride wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 17:35:42 -0500, Vladimir S. FONOV said:
>
>> I noticed that ITKv4 removed MINC2 file format support completely - it
>> used to be under Review.
>>
>> Could it be possible to add it in a future versions? We currently have
>> implemented MINC 1/2 reader in the main MINC 2 repository (
>> https://github.com/andrewjanke/minc ).
>>
>> So, it will be relatively straight-forward to integrate it with ITK.
>> Is anybody interested in this?
> I'm interested in seeing that functionality.  Hopefully you are volunteering to do it? :)
>
> (As you may recall, when work started on ITK 4, I brought up the issue of MINC integration on the MINC-development list on May 13, 2011.  My impression was that you and Leila were "on it"... I don't think there is anyone else in the ITK community too interested, otherwise it would have happened... I can help with testing, but don't have time for much more I'm afraid.)
>
> Cheers,

dispose of the e-mail.