[Insight-users] adding MINC 1/2 to ITKv4

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Mar 7 19:43:09 EST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Vladimir S. FONOV
<vladimir.fonov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see, so there is a strong interest.
>

> Actually, the minc 1/2 reader and writer for ITKv4 is already included
> in latest minc version ( ie grab latest version from
> https://github.com/andrewjanke/minc ) and then use cmake to build it
> - you can specify ITK v4 config location in ITK_DIR ( i.e <itk install
> prefix>/lib/cmake/ITK-4.0)
> And then it will build everything needed.
>
> The only obstacle right now is that you have to manually link with the
> module and register minc support in your programs
>
> (i.e look in minc4itk/examples/ )
>
> I can make a patch that will integrate minc module with the main ITK
> v4 build tree ,

If there will only be partial support or manual external dependencies,
it may be better to package it as a module (a repository that can be
cloned in Modules/External and it will be available like any of the
other modules.

Matt

is there are some coding requirements that I have to