[Insight-users] Re ad special image files

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Wed Mar 14 06:01:44 EDT 2012

Dear Maite,
I haven't got experience myself with that image format you mention in
medical imaging.

The file formats ITK can deal with are listed here:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/File_Formats

So I fear that the one you mention is not supported.

ImageMagick, mentioned on the wiki page above, does not support it either.

You might need to use some other tool to open it (you may try first with
already available software) and then try to convert it to DICOM.

Kind regards,
JON HAITZ

On 14 March 2012 10:33, Maite Ruiz <maiteruizyaniz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your answer Jon. I have already done the examples
> of the wiki. My problem is that any of them reads my images, because I
> don't have .mhd and the .raw separetly. I have an special format ".img"
> (that consists in a normal raw with 18 lines of header). And I don't know
> what do I have to change to arrive to read them...
> Any idea can help me!
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
>
> Maite
>
> 2012/3/13 Jon Haitz Legarreta <jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org>
>
>> Dear Maite,
>> if you are dealing with MetaImage files you should set the *.mhd or
>> header file as the input argument for the reader.
>> If you haven't done so yet, you may want to have a look at the examples
>> in the ITK wiki:
>> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples#Input.2FOutput_.28IO.29
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> JON HAITZ
>>

>> On 13 March 2012 10:57, MRUIZ <maiteruizyaniz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a special image format that contains a normal raw image but with
>>> 18
>>> lines of header. My goal is to change this image type to DICOM. I tried
>>> with
>>> ImageReadCastWrite.cxx but of course, it does not read my file as it is
>>> not