[Insight-users] Registation on Images with several layers

asertyuio asertyuio at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 21 08:20:23 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I know that ITK permits a variety of alignment procedure. I'm currently
using /Viola/ and /Wells /mutual information metric and 1+1 evolutionary
optimizer to register my segmented images on a model. I would like to
know if there is an easy way of handling several layers together. I
mean, that the transform would be applied the same way to all the layers
(like a rgb image), and the metric would be a simple combination of the
measure on each layer to the corresponding layer on the model.
I know that to do this, I may need to write my own metric and transform.
Is it easy to do (I don't especially  want to re-write the mutual
information metrics I'm using...) ? Does someone has already try to make
something similar ?

Thanks in advance,

Yann